Safari Sofa by Archizoom Associati
The Safari sofa is a multiple seat with the profile of the backrest shaped like a series of waves, one gathers in the central void, accessed through an opening, as in a sort of tribal ritual. The piece of furniture consists of four pieces of two different types (two armchair modules and two sofa modules).
The Safari sofa was put into production for the first time by Poltronova in 1968. The experimental fibreglass technique was used for the structure. For the seat and backrest upholstery, Archizoom chose a printed animal pattern fabric with a Leopard print. The same pattern is used for the polyurethane foam carpet placed between the seats. 2022 sees the re-introduction of this iconic sofa to the Poltronova catalogue.
Available in three faux fur colourways: Plain White, Grey Leopard, Yellow Leopard.
- Design: Archizoom Associati (1967) Materials: Frame in White Fibreglass, Polyurethane Foam
- Upholstery: Faux Fur with Leopard Animal Print
- Carpet: Polyurethane Foam Covered in Faux Fur with Leopard Animal Print
- Dimensions Complete Sofa: L260 x W215 x H64cm
- Dimensions Armchair: L85 x W85 x H64cm
- Dimensions Seater Sofa: L130 x W130 x H64cm
- Weight: 130kg
- Handmade in Italy
- Excluded From Online Discounts
- Made To Order
- Lead Time Approx: 14 Weeks